Sunday, December 3, 2017
10:30 AM – 3:00 PM (Early Admission at 9:30 AM for kids aged 4 and under)
250 Madison Avenue
WINTER FAIR FAST FACTS
The Winter Fair is a school fundraiser to support and enhance the programs offered to students.
Price of Admission: Adults: $2, Children: Free
Prices of Activities: Range from 1-3 tickets, depending on the activity. Tickets are $2 each.
Ticket sales: Tickets will be sold in advance at the School Store beginning on Nov 27. During the Fair, tickets will be sold in the Front Lobby and on the second floor landing.
WINTER FAIR HIGHLIGHTS
- Two performances of The Snow Maiden puppet show: Puppet show tickets are $5 each. Seats are limited to 50, so buy your puppet show tickets first thing upon arrival. (Children under 4 yrs have a free puppet show in the Preschool Quiet room on the lower level).
- Three storytellers, each geared to a certain age group. (2 tickets per story) Free story for kids under 4 yrs in the Preschool Quiet Room.
- Amazing craft activities for children in the Jack Frost Room (older kids – upper level) and the Ice Fairy Room (younger kids – lower level). (2 tickets per craft)
- Candle Dipping in the backyard. (3 tickets)
- Visit the Good Witch: not scary at all, but rather a beautiful experience for children. (1 ticket)
- Make a wish on the Wishing Tree. (1 ticket)
- Experience the wonder of the Woodland Pond: a spectacular transformation of a classroom into a forest! Follow the trail to a magical pond where fairies give out a special gift… (2 tickets)
- Kids shop for special treasures in the Snowdrop Market: This room is for kids only, hence the small door. No adults, please! (1-2 tickets per item)
- Live music in the gym with the King Winter Cafe: Grab the guitar or jump up and sing!
- Do some holiday shopping in the Sleighbell Boutique: handmade ornaments, natural toys, beautiful decor items, specialty books, Waldorf dolls, woollen, organic clothing, and more…
- Have a coffee and a treat in the Snow Queen Bakery and Tea Room (lower level): Stock up on baked goods for home! Pre-order available for homemade, frozen treats.
- Enjoy a delicious brunch or lunch in the King Winter Cafe: a fundraiser held by the Grade 7 class for their Grade 8 outdoor expedition. A BBQ will also be happening outside in front of the school, for those who like to eat outside. Breakfast begins at 8:30 am for those on set up.
WINTER FAIR TIPS
- Most Fair activities are geared to 3-7 year olds. Some have age recommendations
- Two Quiet Rooms are available: one for older children upstairs (where kids make holiday cards). One for younger children downstairs in the Rainbow Garden Preschool Room (free play and a wee puppet story).
- Coats: Hang your big, heavy winter coats on the hooks in the hallways.
- Arrive early to avoid the crowds. If your child is 4 or under, take advantage of the Early Bird admission time (9:30-10:30 AM) and skip the line-ups.
- Purchase tickets to puppet shows and storytelling upon arrival to avoid disappointment.
- Line-ups may seem long for some activities and events, but if you are patient, the children do not mind: they are eagerly watching and interacting with the other children, and they are greatly rewarded for their patience.
- Feeling the heat from the crowds? Head to the BBQ in the front of school. Lots of fresh air for the kids in side yard…
See You at the Fair!
Photos of Winter Fair craft items: